The AKG Microphones are known for their excellent sound quality and this AKG C214 review gives nothing less than thumbs-up for yet another quality microphone. The AKG C214 is a large diaphragm condenser microphone aimed at providing excellent sound reproduction for the avid home studio musician. If like most people who think the AKG C414 a must-have, then this C214 is yet another quality mic with almost the same quality as its more expensive sibling. With the AKG C214, you could record very clear vocals, guitar amplifiers as well as drums and acoustic instruments either in studios, on stage or for broadcast. It was built to provide the same quality as the C414 but for a lower price.
AKG C214 Review
Features and Specifications
The AKG C214 has got some very eye-popping features. It boasts the same sonic character of the more expensive AKG C414 and so your vocal recordings, as well as solo instruments, are of the highest detail and clarity. The features and specifications of this mic are clearly described in the lines below.
The AKG C214 is a cardioid condenser microphone with a 1’’ large diaphragm along with Edge-terminated back-plate technology.
143dB dynamic range (Up to 156dB) for a close-up recording of high-output sources, there’s also a switchable 20dB pad with 160Hz low cut filter reduction of proximity effect.
The AKG c214 also features an integrated capsule suspension which is aimed at effectively reducing mechanical noise.
Build & Construction
The C214 features an all-metal die-cast body build which is resistant to both shock and scratches. The mic has a rugged outlook and is kind of roadworthy.
The mic comes with a spider-type shock mount along with a carrying case of metal construction and a windscreen.
- The AKG C214 brings you the performance of a quality and industry standard microphone at an affordable price.
- It is perfect for home studios in need of high-quality mics for high-profile gigs.
- The sound reproduction is just excellent and overwhelming.
- Comes with enough accessories, you won’t need to buy a windscreen or shock mount separately.
- Although it comes with enough accessories, you’ll still need to purchase a pop filter and XLR cable separately because it doesn’t come with those.
- It comes with a single polar pattern unlike the more expensive C414.
We’ve seen the features, the good and the bad of the AKG Microphones C214. For home studio enthusiasts and audio professionals especially, if you’ll need a microphone that can effectively handle high-profile jobs with ease, then the AKG C214 is probably what you’ve been looking for. For a lesser price, you can have your hands on this mic to begin enjoying optimal sound reproduction and recordings.