At one time or the other, you will need to upgrade your home entertainment system to a more advanced one. This will not only improve the appearance of your living room, but also give you the best audio experience you have always wanted. The best system you can consider is a home theater. The 5.1 surround system is a good option, but a 7.1 home theater system will offer more in terms of directionality and continuity of the surround sound. Here are the best 7.1 home theater systems you can consider for a whole new entertainment experience at home.
Table of Contents(Click to Jump anywhere you want)
- 8 Best 7.1 Home Theater Systems reviews
- 1. Sony STR-DN1080 7.2-Channel Home Theater System
- 2. Nakamichi Shockwafe Elite 7.2.4 Home Theater System
- 3. Fluance Signature Series 7.1 Surround Sound Home Theater System
- 4. Pyle PT798SBA 7.1 Channel Home Theater System
- 5. Klipsch Reference Premiere 7.1.2 Home Theater System
- 6. Klipsch 7.1 RP-250 Reference Premiere Surround Sound Speaker Package
- 7. Onkyo SKS-HT993THX 7.1 Home Theater Speaker System
- 8. High Definition Digital Cinematic Sound 770 Watts 7.1 System by Yamaha
- What to Consider When Choosing Best 7.1 Home Theater System
- How to Set Up a 7.1 Home Theater System in a Room
8 Best 7.1 Home Theater Systems reviews
1. Sony STR-DN1080 7.2-Channel Home Theater System
Our Rating: (4.8 / 5)
Sony STR-DN1080 7.2 system is a complete package with a 10-inch subwoofer, STR-DN1080 AV receiver and speakers. The system offers a cinematic surround sound thanks to the perfect pairing of the AV receiver and the speakers.
It is worth noting that the receiver features a 4K pass-through feature that allows you to enjoy incredible images, contrast and brightness without compromising the sound output. Additionally, the home theater system supports a wider variety of high-resolution audio formats, including Linear PCM and DSD.
- Supports a wide variety of High-Resolution Audio Formats
- Includes an AV receiver
- Brilliant sound when compared to slightly more expensive models
- Affordable system
- Difficult to expand or upgrade it later
2. Nakamichi Shockwafe Elite 7.2.4 Home Theater System
Our Rating: (4.4 / 5)
If you want to enjoy premium cinema experience in your home, you should get this home theater system. The system comes with dual 8-inch wireless subwoofers that produce ground-shaking bass. In addition, the system has a powerful sound bar and two 2-way rear speakers with high-frequency tweeters for wider sound stage, and to unlock hidden surround details.
More to that, Nakamichi Shockwafe Elite 7.2.4 allows you to connect with your phone, TV or other smart devices wirelessly via Bluetooth. Also, the system allows for advanced connectivity with multiple devices and can work seamlessly with TV’s smart apps like Netflix. It is just what you need for movies, music and gaming.
- 2 8-inch subwoofers – ground-shaking bass
- Brings cinema experience home
- Advanced connectivity with multiple devices
- Remote for seamless control
- Not for small rooms
3. Fluance Signature Series 7.1 Surround Sound Home Theater System
Our Rating: (5 / 5)
This best 7.1 home theater system comes with tower speakers, center channel, surround speakers and most importantly, a 12-inch subwoofer; all designed to offer you best surround audio. The system not only offer excellent bass, but also performs better when it comes to midrange and highs. When you get this system expect enhanced sound stage, multidirectional home theater experience and zero distortion, even at high volumes.
- Excellent surround sound
- Deep and undistorted bass
- Captivating clarity thanks to ultra-high-end Neodymium tweeters
- Doesn’t come with a receiver
4. Pyle PT798SBA 7.1 Channel Home Theater System
Our Rating: (3.5 / 5)
Pyle PT798SBA 7.1 is one of the best speaker systems you can get for your home. The speaker system comes with satellite speakers, front speakers, center speaker and a powerful subwoofer. The subwoofer offers ground-shaking rumbles and features a convenient bass and volume control in front.
Additionally, the home theater system is Bluetooth enabled, and you can use it with Bluetooth capable devices like your smartphone, music player, laptop, among others. Also, with a remote control, you can easily control the speakers easily. However, for the best experience, you need to get a good receiver as its not included in the package.
- Best sound output
- Can be controlled manually or with a remote
- Bluetooth enabled
- Playback from any Bluetooth enabled device
- The system doesn’t include a receiver
- You have to wire all the speakers manually
5. Klipsch Reference Premiere 7.1.2 Home Theater System
Our Rating: (5 / 5)
The system comes with a powerful SPL-100 subwoofer, RP-504C center speaker, RP-600M bookshelf speakers and RP-8060FA floorstanding speakers. And with Dolby Atmos System, this system delivers best surround sound many systems can’t match. Additionally, with Titanium LTS Vented Tweeters, expect crystal-clear, detailed sound. It’s just what you need to get that party started.
- Brilliant audio quality
- No distortion
- Great build quality
- Receiver not included
- A bit Pricey
6. Klipsch 7.1 RP-250 Reference Premiere Surround Sound Speaker Package
Our Rating: (5 / 5)
Klipsch never disappoints when it comes to speakers, and this speaker package is a good example. Klipsch 7.1 RP-250 is an excellent home entertainment system that offers impressive sound quality; making sure you enjoy an extraordinary surround audio experience in your home. The package includes 2 Reference floorstanding speakers, a pair of monitor speakers, 2 surround speakers and a powerful subwoofer. Also, the package includes a free wireless kit making it more versatile.
- Speakers with cerametallic cones – best sound quality
- Impressive bass
- Comes with a free wireless kit
- Great design
- Does not come with a receiver
7. Onkyo SKS-HT993THX 7.1 Home Theater Speaker System
Our Rating: (4.6 / 5)
Get the best experience out of that movie or game you are playing by getting the best 7.1 home theater system for a small room – Onkyo SKS-HT993THX. This speaker system includes THX I/S PLUS certified speakers with soft-dome tweeters, and this guarantees you the best sound output. When it comes to construction, the powerful subwoofer and speakers are made of the toughest materials for durability.
- Excellent surround sound features
- THX I/S Plus certified speakers
- Best option for immersive sound treat
- Powerful subwoofer
- Great build quality and unique design
- You need to spend more to get a receiver
8. High Definition Digital Cinematic Sound 770 Watts 7.1 System by Yamaha
Our Rating: (5 / 5)
This is a unique system that can make a big difference in your home. The system comes with 6 powerful in-ceiling 2-way speakers and an exceptional A/V receiver that work best to make sure you get cinematic surround sound you need in your home entertainment room. Also, the package includes a remote control and 100ft speaker wire used in the installation. With the system you will enjoy cinema-like experience you have always wanted in your home.
- In-ceiling speakers offering impressive sound
- Comes with a receiver
- Manual and remote control
- You need a technician for installation
What to Consider When Choosing Best 7.1 Home Theater System
There are many brands and models of 7.1 home theater systems on the market. However, not all the models available can meet your home entertainment needs. It is therefore essential to look at a few tips that can help you buy the right home theater system for your home. Here are some factors to consider.
How to Set Up a 7.1 Home Theater System in a Room
You need to understand that a home theater system comes with 7 main speakers and a subwoofer. For a full surround sound, you need to set the speakers in the right way. You need to set three front speakers; one of the right, the other at the center and the last one on the left. The center speaker should just below your screen.
From there, you should place the two surround speakers equally to each side – one on the right while the other on the left. And make sure you position them slightly above and behind your viewing position. Lastly, place two rear surround speakers behind you, but raised a bit for best experience.
If you want to upgrade your home entertainment system, you should think of getting the best 7.1 home theater system. There are many options on the market, but we have done all the hard work for you. Therefore, pick one of the above 7.1 systems, and you will enjoy cinematic surround sound in your home.