Watching TV can be boring if you don’t have good speakers for clear, detailed sound. You can’t rely on internal speakers of a TV for best sound. Instead, you need to invest in the best external speakers for TV. The speakers will offer best sound quality you need to enjoy your movie or TV program. How can you pick the best external speaker for your TV? There are many factors to consider, but we have done all the work for you. Here are the top-rated external speakers for TV you can consider.
Table of Contents(Click to Jump anywhere you want)
- 8 Best External Speakers for TV reviews
- 1. VIZIO SB2920-C6 29-Inch 2.0 Channel Sound Bar, Black
- 2. Sonos Playbar – The Mountable Sound Bar for TV
- 3. Yamaha YAS-207BL Sound Bar with Wireless Subwoofer Bluetooth and DTS Virtual
- 4. Polk Audio MagniFi Mini Home Theater Surround Sound Bar
- 5. Nakamichi Shockwafe Pro 7.1.4 Channel Home Theater System
- 6. LG Electronics SH4 2.1 Channel 300W Sound Bar with Wireless Subwoofer (2016 model)
- 7. JBL Boost TV Compact Bluetooth Sound Bar
- 8. Samsung HW-J355 Soundbar with Subwoofer
- What to Consider When Choosing Best External Speakers for TV
- Reasons Why You Need a Speaker System for TV with Subwoofer
8 Best External Speakers for TV reviews
1. VIZIO SB2920-C6 29-Inch 2.0 Channel Sound Bar, Black
Our Rating: (4.3 / 5)
If you are looking for one of the best cheap external speakers for TV that delivers excellent sound, consider VIZIO SB2920-C6 29-Inch Sound Bar. The sound bar for TV comes with two powerful full-range stereos speakers that deliver amazing, crystal clear sound you have been missing all along. Also, the speaker is Bluetooth-enabled to connect with your TV or other Bluetooth-enabled devices. In addition, the sound bar is easy to set up and use with your TV, smartphone or laptop.
- Connectivity – Bluetooth technology
- Room filling, clear, detailed sound
- Easy to set up
- Cables included for manual setup
- Not that advanced like other models available
2. Sonos Playbar – The Mountable Sound Bar for TV
Our Rating: (4.5 / 5)
This is one of the best wireless TV speakers you can get. The Sonos Playbar not only delivers quality sound, but also automatically tunes itself for the best experience when watching TV, movies or listening to music. In addition, this unique external TV speaker is easy to control using the Sonos app, remote and more. More to that, Sonos Playbar is expandable and WiFi enabled. You can mount it on the wall or just place it below your TV on a stand.
- Impressive sound
- Automatically tunes itself for best sound
- WiFi- enabled
- Customizable – expandable
- Easy to control – Sonos App, remote control
- Impressive bass
- A bit pricey
3. Yamaha YAS-207BL Sound Bar with Wireless Subwoofer Bluetooth and DTS Virtual
Our Rating: (4.3 / 5)
Yamaha YAS-207BL is one of the most advanced sound bars for TV. It’s the first sound bar with DTS Virtual: X for excellent 3D surround sound ideal for TV show and movie watching. Additionally, the speaker has a powerful wireless subwoofer for impressive bass. More to that, the sound bar is Bluetooth-enabled for wireless music streaming and even connecting with your advanced TV. Besides that, Yamaha YAS-207BL can connect manually with non-Bluetooth devices thanks to HDMI, optical, and other ports for connectivity. You can easily control the sound bar with a remote or use its mobile app.
- Offers 3D surround sound
- Impressive bass
- Can work with Bluetooth-enabled devices
- Easy connectivity with non-Bluetooth devices
- No night-mode option
4. Polk Audio MagniFi Mini Home Theater Surround Sound Bar
Our Rating: (4.2 / 5)
Looking for a small system that can deliver immersive surround sound to your entertainment room? If yes, the Polk Audio MagniFi Mini Sound Bar is what you have been looking for. The sound bar not only delivers balanced sound but also can customize the voice levels to ensure you don’t miss a single word while watching a movie or your favorite TV show. In addition, if you want some bass, the speaker comes with a powerful subwoofer for deep bass.
Besides all that, this unique Mini Sound Bar allows for wireless streaming with Bluetooth and Google Home. Also, the speaker comes with all cables for easy set up and can work with any TV or cable box. It is one of the best speakers for TV for seniors, but no matter your age, you will enjoy this mini sound bar.
- Immersive surround sound
- Wireless streaming with Bluetooth and Google Home
- Can work with any TV
- Night-mode option
5. Nakamichi Shockwafe Pro 7.1.4 Channel Home Theater System
Our Rating: (4.4 / 5)
For a complete home entertainment system, this home theater system is a great option. The home theater system comes with powerful 8-inch down-firing subwoofer, sound bar, dual center channels and two amazing 2-way rear surround speakers to offer a whole new level of surround sound. The system will work well with your TV and other devices for best entertainment experience when watching movies, TV programs or listening to music. In addition, the system works with Bluetooth-enabled devices and has advanced connectivity options.
- Excellent surround sound
- Bass is on another level
- Bluetooth and advanced connectivity options
- Dolby Vision and 4K HDR – hear and see every detail in clarity
- A bit expensive
6. LG Electronics SH4 2.1 Channel 300W Sound Bar with Wireless Subwoofer (2016 model)
Our Rating: (4.2 / 5)
This is a unique speaker for TV that can take your home entertainment to a higher level. The system includes a super powerful subwoofer and sound bar. As a result, the system not only deliver clear, quality sound, but also impressive bass. With Adaptive Sound Control, this external speaker for TV automatically adjusts the sound mode to suit what you are listening or watching for ideal audio experience.
When it comes to connectivity, LG Electronics SH4 2.1 Channel 300W Sound Bar is Bluetooth-enabled. This makes it a perfect option for wireless streaming music from your TV, smartphone or any other compatible device. Besides that, the sound bar has HDMI in/out port to connect with non-Bluetooth TVs and devices.
- Adaptive Sound control – ideal audio experience
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Crystal clear sound
- No distortion even at high volumes
- TV remote compatibility – 8 top TV brands
- Not compatible with all Bluetooth-enabled devices
7. JBL Boost TV Compact Bluetooth Sound Bar
Our Rating: (4.1 / 5)
JBL Boost TV Compact Sound Bar looks simple, but has so much to offer. The speaker is wireless, and connects to your home entertainment system through Bluetooth technology. You can also connect the speaker with other Bluetooth-compatible devices like smartphones, laptops, mp3 music players and more.
With the Soundshift feature, the speaker can concurrently work with your TV and your smartphone or mobile device, and easily switch sounds between your TV and mobile device. Besides that, the speaker is portable and very affordable.
- Delivers virtual surround sound
- Bluetooth connectivity technology
- Can work with home system and mobile device at the same time
- Weak bass
8. Samsung HW-J355 Soundbar with Subwoofer
Our Rating: (4.3 / 5)
This is one of the best external speakers for my Samsung TV. Samsung HW-J355 Sound bar comes with a subwoofer for a vibrant bass and a powerful sound bar for best sound delivery for movies, TV shows or music. Additionally, the sound bar can connect wirelessly with your compatible Samsung TV via TV Sound Connect. More to that, the system is Bluetooth-enabled and can connect with your Bluetooth-compatible devices like iPhone, iPad or laptop.
Besides that, Samsung HW-J355 can work with non-Bluetooth devices as it includes inputs for USB, optical and Aux cables. For better experience and ease of control, the system comes with a Samsung Audio Remote App. You just need to use the app to control the system from your tablet or smartphone.
- Impressive sound output
- Connect wireless to your compatible Samsung TV via TV Sound Connect
- Bluetooth connectivity enabled
- Samsung Audio Remote App – easy control from your smartphone or tablet
- Has a remote control
- Inputs for USB, optical and AUX cables
- A little expensive
What to Consider When Choosing Best External Speakers for TV
There are many top-quality external speakers you can get for your TV. However, not all can work excellently with your home entertainment system. As a result, you need to consider some factors to ensure you get the best external speakers for TV. Here are the factors to consider to help you choose the most ideal speakers for your TV.
Reasons Why You Need a Speaker System for TV with Subwoofer
Not all speakers for TV come with subwoofers. You can find that a speaker system includes a sound bar and other speakers. However, you need a speaker system for your TV with a subwoofer. A subwoofer not only boosts sound quality, but also improves bass output. Therefore, if you want a speaker system for listening to music, watching movies and TV shows, go for a speaker system with a subwoofer.
You can improve your TV sound by getting the best external speakers for TV. The above reviewed speakers are the best, and will give you the best sound output for music, movies and TV shows. Therefore, get one of the above external speakers for TV, and you will realize what you have been missing in your home.