Since Apple removed the headphone jack from the iPhone, wireless iPhone earpods have become popular. And that has motivated many companies to make wireless earbuds. However, iPhone earpods (wired) are unique and beat many wireless counterparts available in the market.
These earpods come with just three buttons but can perform surprising functions beyond volume control. The device can control media playback and make or receive phone calls. They have a built-in mic and other unique features that enable them to perform excellently and give the best sound quality.
But how can you use the Earpods and enjoy all that they offer? Here are tips to help you use your iPhone Earpods like a pro.
Understand Earpods Buttons and Parts
To know how to effectively use your earpods, you need to know their buttons. As mentioned earlier, the device features three buttons: the Volume Up (+), Centre button, and Volume Down (-). It also features a built-in microphone. Other parts include the cable, headphone jack that goes into the iPhone, and earbuds that you put in your ears.
Typically, the volume down and up buttons are used to adjust the volume. But they can have other functions, as we will discuss below. The center button has dozens of functions like answering an incoming call and more.
How to Control Media Playbacks with Your EarPods
When you plug in the headphone jack into the iPhone, the music will be ready to play, even from a locked screen. You just need to swipe the music app and select the music to be played. iPhone models with iOS 9 will play the music or album you played earlier. But here are shortcuts to make the whole process easier for you;
- Press the + or – button to increase or reduce volume, respectively.
- Press the center button once to play or pause music. Press it again to resume playback.
- Press the center button twice quickly to skip a song or chapter
- Press the center button two times quickly and hold to fast-forward.
- For rewind, press the center button three times and hold.
- To record a voice memo- press the center button after launching the Voice Memos. To pause or resume, press it again.
How to Use Earpods as Camera Shutter
In some iPhone models, you can take photos and capture videos using the earpods. To take a photo, launch the camera app, and once you are set, press the center button once. To capture a video, you should also press the center button once to start recording and press it once again to stop recording.
How to Answer or Make Phone Calls with Earpods
With your earpods, you can answer calls while your iPhone is still in your pocket. Here are shortcuts to follow.
- Press the center button once to answer an incoming call.
- Press and hold the center button for 2 seconds to decline an incoming call.
- Press the center button once to end the current call.
- Press + or – button to increase or decrease phone call volume.
- Press and hold the center button for 2 seconds, then let go to switch to an incoming call and end the current one.
- To switch to an incoming call and put the current phone call on hold, press the center button once. Then press it again to answer an incoming call.
How to Use Siri with Earpods
iPhone earpods allow you to speak to Siri hands-free. As you know, Siri is a life-saver in many situations, and you don’t know when you might need its assistance. Your earpods will help you speak to Siri comfortably and conveniently. Here are some tips;
- Press and hold the center button to make your request.
- When you want to talk to Siri, press and hold the center button.
- Release the center button when you are done speaking.
- Adjust volume with volume + and – when talking to Siri.
With the above information, you can get the best out of your iPhone earpods. The device will help you answer or make phone calls and get assistance from Siri. They can also help you control playbacks for the best music listening experience. But ensure you keep the earpods properly and clean them frequently so that they can serve you better for an extended period.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.